Monday, June 13, 2016

New Recipes

Hey All,
It's been a whirlwind weekend! When the Lapps are in town, the family moves in! It's one big party and so much fun. I tried a couple new recipes. They were big hits, so I thought I would share them.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip--Now there are many recipes out there. I picked this one because we have a family member who will not eat anything with mayonnaise. This recipe is mayo-less! Plus, it's a crock pot recipe and so easy.

1 cup mozzarella
6 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan
1 clove garlic, minced (I just used a bit of powder)
1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
8 oz. fresh spinach (I used a 10 oz. package of frozen, chopped)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir well and serve with tortilla chips.

And now, I've saved the best for last. This recipe is incredible!!! I even messed it up in so many ways (I can't cook with everybody in the kitchen as I get distracted easily with the conversations). I'll mention the mess ups. It might be even better prepared correctly!!

Blueberry Cheesecake Poke Cake

1 white cake mix
ingredients listed on the box
1 pkg. vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
1 1/2 cup milk

Blueberry Sauce
12 oz. blueberries, rinsed
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp water

Whipped Cream
1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 pt. heavy whipping cream
2 cup powdered sugar

Bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. (I used the whole egg even though it called for just the egg whites. I hate to waste and didn't really care if it was completely a white cake). Allow to cool for 10 minutes.

Combine blueberries, sugar, flour and water in a medium saucepan. (I wasn't quite sure if the 12 oz. meant weight or a cup and a half. I'd say I actually had about 2 cups of blueberries). Cook and stir until thickened---about 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool or 20 minutes.

Prepare pudding by adding 1 1/2 cup of milk to mix. (I used the large size pudding and 3 cups of milk). Poke holes in top of cake and spread pudding over. (I did the blueberry first). Chill for 10 minutes. Pour blueberries over the top. Cool completely.

Prepare whipped cream by mixing all ingredients until smooth. Spread on top of blueberries (I had to spread it on top of the pudding---which was a little tricky!).

Refrigerate until serving. DELICIOUS!!!

Let me know how you like these dishes if you try them.


3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!!! I have blueberries in the freezer :) from our bushes. Must try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound delicious, I hope everyone enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.