Saturday, August 13, 2016

Love is...

...your friends coming over to spend the evening with you! Linda, Connie, Nancy, Susan and Pam spent their evening with me. They brought (and left) tons of food:
They left our refrigerator "full up!" Nancy made me a jug of tea punch. It's the best and totally southern. Connie brought sloppy joes. Linda left barbecue and queso. Susan brought flatbreads. Pam brought dessert. We definitely have enough food for the weekend. Luckily, the family will be here at the pool today, so they can help with some of the eating!
Karolyn brought these beautiful tomatoes from her garden last week. They were delicious. I cannot get enough fresh tomatoes in the summer.
She also brought me a bottle of Riesling---in honor of the trip that I'm not able to go on. They are on the Danube right now--enjoying some German wines.
Susan dropped by for visit and brought this gorgeous orchid. Everyone knows I love flowers. I don't think I've ever seen one with so many blooms!
 Jennifer had this delivered. The perfect thing for Butch---no cooking involved.
 Nancy brought me these sunflowers. They are huge. I love having something to brighten the room.
Butch put them in a different vase so they would stay more together. I have no idea where this vase came from. He said he found it in the laundry room.
 I got mail! Apparently Evie made me cards!

You can see the sentiment through the eyes of a 3 year old. At the top and bottom: Aunt Bard---with "Get Well Fast" in the middle!!

Josie is a little too small---9 months---to make me a card. So she sent a photo instead! 

So there you have thoughtful gifts and visits this week. Just more reminders of how lucky I am!! I'm grateful for all the special people in my life. Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Just did a complete catch-up on your blog. Sorry to hear you are incapacitated, again, but so glad your friends and family are taking such good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of thoughtful gifts :) Hope you continue to get well fast as instructed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.