Friday, December 16, 2016

Holiday Frustrations

Okay, so I consider myself a pretty positive person---and in view of more serious problems in the world, this is going to seem petty. But I've about "had it" with customer service---or I should say LACK of good customer service.

Let'g go back to UGG. Remember my problem? Well, after Butch read my blog, he forwarded it to UGG. He got a "canned response" and responded back to them that---that was exactly when he expected and the problem with their customer service. Finally, a human actually got back to him. To make a long story short, they could not give me the ornament, but instead gave me a $65.00 refund!! Are you kidding me? Of course, I'm happy with that and given the choice of the ornament or refund, I'd have taken the refund. The value is probably 5 times more! But seriously, was this better for the company?

Now on to my next really HUGE aggravation! SPRINT phone service. As I am writing this, I am currently on hold---and it's been 14 minutes and 27, 28, 29...seconds and counting. Here's the story:

Butch got a text saying our account was over-due and needed to be paid today or our service would be interrupted. I immediately went online to figure out the problem. Well, that's when my problems really began!

Problem #1---I could not log in because "it" didn't recognize my username or password---which I have written down in my little password book.
Problem #2---I was locked out for trying too many times.
Problem #3---I decide to "call" Sprint. OMGosh! You cannot get through to a person. I was caught in a never ending loop.
Problem #4--I went to google to find out how to reach a real person. The tips suggested were just more cogs in the never ending loop.

After an hour and fifteen minutes of trying to reach someone, I decided to call the Sprint store which led to---you guessed it---
Problem #5---They cannot give me any information over the PHONE!!! Are you friggin' kidding me! It's a PHONE company!!
Problem #6---I'm told that I have to come in to the store. That is SO NOT HAPPENING! I'm not about to drive to a store to resolve a billing problem for a phone company. The person I was talking to gave me one of the exact same numbers I'd already tried. She said that when I got the automated menu, I should start hitting "0" over and over again. I had already tried that on my own---hitting 0, but not over and over. How is the regular person supposed to know that?
Problem #7---It took me about a dozen times of hitting 0 before I actually got through---and then was put on HOLD!! That's where I still am.

Since I began this post, I've eaten lunch, watched part of The Voice and put a couple of gifts together. I am still on HOLD and it's now been 54 minutes and 32, 33, 34...and counting...seconds.

I am really about to lose it.

The guy finally comes back. The past due amount of $197.00 is due to a phone that was not turned back in. Well, considering we're getting Sprint Visa cards for the turned in phones tells me that that's not right! All of the phones have been turned in!

Problem #8---after explaining all of this to the "guy", he puts me back on hold--so he can check it out!

Problem #9--I waited another 15 minutes. A woman comes on the line. She asks how she can help. I'm exhausted with trying to continuously explain this. As I begin, she interrupts me to say that she is customer support and has nothing to do with billing. She tells me I need to CALL them! I got pretty upset and demanded to speak to someone in billing. OMGosh! This is a nightmare and it's still not over.

I'm at 1 hour and 25 minutes on hold now. I have about 45 minutes left before we leave for the airport. Really, I don't know what I'm going to do! In hindsight, it would have been quicker to just drive over to the store and handle it there.

If they cut off our phones...you'll be able to hear me no matter where you are!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I don't know what else to say, and that about covers it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phone companies are the worst. The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. I hope you get it sorted out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.