Sunday, April 30, 2017

More Mysteries

We always seem to have mysteries around here. We come home from out-of-town and find random things in the refrigerator that no one seems to have left, all of the cords to the tv upstairs are unplugged and no one admits to having done it and we find things that no one claims.

While dealing with this nasty freezer situation, we found this:
This necklace was under the refrigerator. I sent the picture to ALL of the girls. Mindy and Elizabeth both said they thought it looked like something that Jordan would wear. She said it wasn't hers. I think it might be real because it's a nice box chain with a lobster claw hook. I'll have to get it checked our. This reminds me of the diamond necklace (yes, that was definitely real) we found out by the pool. No one claimed it. Even though the girls say otherwise, I think one of their friends left it. That's been years now.

This plastic cup is Tupperware. Probably 10 years ago, I bought a set of 4. We're down to one. We never knew what happened to the others. Yes, we figured some family member walked off with them. Well,  while helping Stephanie move, we found one---and took it back. Now we have two. I'm really excited because we're moving Jordan to her new apartment this summer. I'll bet we find another one! Before you know it, we might have the complete set again! I guess I'm pretty lucky that Stephanie didn't throw it out. She was ruthless and says they got rid of early HALF of everything they owned!
This is not exactly a mystery. Butch found it wrapped up in paper in one of Steph's moving boxes that he was taking to recycle. Stephanie and I had come across the cup, but she had no idea what happened to the saucer---so she put the cup in the Good Will stuff. Now the saucer turns up, but it's too late. Butch is so good at finding things. He always goes through everything---even at Christmas and has found countless gift cards and little things that almost got thrown away.

Another mystery for which I do not have a picture. It's a mystery to me how every time Butch goes out-of-town, something happens that scares the bejeebees out of me! When Butch was out-of-town recently, the door alarm went off at 3 a.m. signaling someone was in the house. I always thought that I'd immediately call 911. I didn't. I creeped out of bed to peer out the front windows, only to find that the front door was unlocked. I locked it and then worried that I had just locked someone in the house with me. I then found the pool door unlocked (we have a lot of doors). Anyway, turns out that the door alarm was malfunctioning.

Well, last week when Butch was at the beach, I went to bed early and was watching tv (something I never do unless I'm sick). It was only 8 p.m., but someone started banging on the front door---3 times. My heart started pumping. All I could think was that if it was anyone I knew, they'd call me. Or family members would use the "hidden" key---that's not really so hidden. I turned out the bedroom light and just waited it out. About five minutes later, Butch called. Just having him on the phone  calmed me down. He told me to call 911. I said I wasn't doing that just because I was being a baby. Now here's the thing. If it was summer and someone knocked on the door at 8 p.m., I would just answer it. Somehow, when it's dark, mystery visitors seems ominous. A couple summers ago, the same thing happened. Butch was gone and I got a knock at 9:30 p.m. It just scares the heck out of me! Anyway I never did find out who was knocking the other night. Just one more mystery.

This is the biggest mystery of all. Our Christmas tree stand. How is it nearly May and it's still sitting on the patio?

What types of mysteries do you have around your house? Email me or add a comment and I'll devote another blog post sharing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.