Wednesday, June 7, 2017

More Scams

Sincerely, who falls for these:

I' m Maureen Hinckley from Sterling Massachusetts.My foundation is donating $550,000 to you.Contact us for further details.


I don't even know a single Maureen. I seriously doubt her foundation is giving me money. I just don't get it!

***********************************************************
And here's the one I almost fell for. I was in the middle of updating my info when I had second thoughts. I have Netflix and realized that my credit card was out-of-date. As I was updating it, I got a funny feeling, so I stopped. I decided that I would wait until I had time to go directly to the Netflix site and check it out. Besides, I hadn't been having any trouble watching Netflix.

I'm so glad I waited. The very next day, I got my receipt from Apple---through which Netflix is charged. Whew!! That was close!

Please Update Your Payment Method

Dear Valued Netflix User 

Sorry for the interruption, but we are having trouble authorizing your Payment Method.
Please visit the account payment page at
https://www.netflix.com/YourAccountPayment to enter your payment information again or to use a different payment method.
When you have finished, we will try to verify your account again.
If it still does not work, you will want to contact your credit card company.
To protect the informations of our customers, our system has temporarily placed restrictions on your account until your informations has been validated against our system.
You can validate your informations by either clicking on the link above or below, this will only take a few minutes and your account functions will be fully restored.

If you have any questions, we are happy to help. Simply call us at 0800-917812.
-The Netflix Team



1 comment:

  1. Most real accounts will address you by the name on your account - I know paypal only addresses their customers this way so the scammers call you "Dear Account Holder" or "Dear Customer". I have long made it a rule to go to the website through my own links and never through a link sent to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.