Thursday, September 7, 2017

One Fine Ride!

Well, I finally got my new car! Boy, when we make a decision, it doesn't take long!! I told Butch last Thursday that I wanted to get a new car. By that afternoon, Butch had found a few for us to go see. Friday, we went in the rain, picked it out, test drove it, did all the negotiations and made the deal. We picked it up on Saturday. 

In the past, we've always been on the 5 year plan. All of a sudden, when I was due for a new car in 2016, I just couldn't do it! It really bothered me that my "still like brand new 50K car" was worth so little! I decided I was just going off the 5 year plan. My Buick Enclave is "up for grabs!"

Without further ado---my new car!!
Yep, I went back to a Jeep!! Of all the cars I've had over the years, it's the Jeep I've liked the best. Prior to the Buick, I had 3 of them. I switched to the Buick only as a show of support for my brother, Matt who worked (until he just retired) for  GM. Don't get me wrong, the Buick is a beautiful car and there's not a thing wrong with it. More on the Buick later.
One thing I feel strongly about is buying American. I grew up in a family that only  bought American. It's become harder and harder to do. In fact, I used to get so aggravated with my mom as she checked for American made labels in/on everything. Finally, I said, "Mom, America doesn't always make everything you need!" But for my big ticket items, I try.
I think Butch was really surprised at my color choice. I'm not usually a "brown" person---actually, it's my least favorite color. Still, it's hard to tell, but I really liked the "pearl and glittery" look of this one.
When I got in the car, it sort of felt like coming home. It's smaller than the Buick and feels cozier to me. 

Butch loves cars. I'm so lucky about that. I asked him to read the manual on my behalf. To me, it's a one-inch thick snore fest! He did it Saturday afternoon. He got in the car with me and showed me every detail. 

One thing that is going to drive me crazy---and I new better---that dark color is going to show the dirt! I'm seeing a weekly carwash in my errand line-up. There's so much I already love about the car that I think the trade-off will be worth it. My favorite things about the new car---aside from all the normal perks-- I'll limit to 3 things:
1. Lines on the back up camera view.
2. I can actually see where the front of my car ends.
3. The side mirrors have indicators when a car is in your blindspot.

Hmmm, those were the exact things I DIDN'T like about the Enclave! It was just too big for me. I got used to it, but I always felt it was too big. It's probably all in my mind, but my new Jeep seems smaller. I'll know soon enough when I get blocked in or not! 

Now for the "old" car.


If you know of anyone interested in a nice car, I'll send full disclosure pictures and details. $14,500. 

From now on, I'll be in my new fine ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.