Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Pool Party

The summer is winding down. The temperatures are falling. We've had rain. All this means, the pool is getting colder and colder. This past Sunday, Stephanie and Nicky were here with their friends, Bonnie and Dave. I got in the pool with them, but it's cold---not unbearable, but chilly for sure. If you are on the floats and the sun is out, it's fine. I even actually got in the water.

Two weeks ago, Stephane and Mindy had a pool party that was their most successful one yet! I just have to share a few photos:
 There are a lot of Nick's, Nicky's and Nikki's in the crowd! Nick, Mindy, Nicky, Stephanie, Rob and Nikki! With the exception of Mindy and Nikki, the rest are grade school friends---since we moved here when Stephanie was in the 2nd grade. Yes, Stephanie married her 2nd grade classmate, Nicky!

 Everybody brought all kinds of food. Justin made this delicious sandwich. In fact, I'm copying it for my friends this Friday.
 They decided to make this a Zima party in honor of their youth, when Zima was a big thing---with Jolly Ranchers, of course.
Bonnie and Dave brought us this huge, pink flamingo. They bring us something every summer. We'll have to let the air out for sure to store this big thing!
 They all had fun trying it out. It looks like it's pretty hard to get on, but a fun ride when you do!
 One of their friends, Christa, brought fellow shots. I had one for the first time. I've always heard of them, but never had one. OMGosh! They were good!
 Mindy's cups.
Here I am with my first Zima---just about 30 years late. You can see the green apple Jolly Rancher. I really liked it, so had a second one with a cherry Jolly Rancher. You might know it, I find something I like and you can't get it! Zima was a limited release for some anniversary. Darn!

Still, pool days are nearing an end. I have one last day scheduled with my friends this coming Friday. Since the temperatures are only in the 70's now, it might really be cold! Actually, we're doing the party in honor of our British friend who arrives on Thursday. Whatever, we'll have a good time.


1 comment:

  1. ONly in the 70s?!!!!!! that's blinkin' hot for us Brits! Goodness me if we get two days at 70 degrees we call it a heat wave. Expect your British friend to be too warm unless in the pool LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.