Sunday, October 8, 2017

Again with the crafts!

Have I ever told you that I hate craft projects? Well, I do. Still, the girls are like---"come on mom, plan a craft for us"---in that naggy kid voice that always gets to you. So, I did. 

Sandy and her family were in for the weekend. They come in every year for the Kid Rock Fish Fry.
Sandy would be a groupie if she could! We're all going next year---we're getting a box. Sandy said for our first time out, we need to stick with the riff raff in the boxes so we can get ourselves prepared for the regular riff raff!

Anyway, Mindy and Stephanie wanted a craft project. That means I had to scramble to come up with an idea and the materials really quick. After scouring Pinterest, I didn't see anything that I just loved. I ended up deciding on a banner. 

I headed off to Michaels on Monday and bought what I needed. Craft projects aren't cheap either! Especially when you have to get stuff for 8 people! On the way home, I got to thinking about candy corn. I couldn't remember what the order of the colors were---from the bottom: yellow, orange, white or orange, yellow, white. I texted Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy. I asked them the question and told them to NOT look it up, just go with their memory. I could totally see it both ways in my mind. Sandy ended up being correct---yellow, orange, white. 

When I got to Nashville Needleworks (on Tuesday, my friends and I stitch), I was browsing all the trunk shows. I saw this and it hit me right away.
This designer got it wrong! I wonder how many people will notice.

Here's the proof:

Then as I was looking at my tablescape, I was looking at these needlepoint candy corns I made last year.
Since these had faces, you couldn't really tell. But upon closer inspection, I noticed this:
The ribbon used as a trim is WRONG too! OMGosh! I'm sure I'll be noticing it all the time now. After seeing there real thing, this just looks wrong!

On to our project:

 Since Elizabeth was in town, we invited Analise to join us. Those girls crammed a lot in--for sure.

 Even though the projects were exactly the same, the girls always make the guys choose which is best.
Stephanie was the winner!

Another craft project down. More about the weekend later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.