Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Christmas Village

From about 1986 until now, we have been kicking off the holiday season at Christmas Village. My friends and I always looked forward to it. When we started, the preview night tickets were $25.00. Now it's $45.00 for the opening night---nothing to sneeze at! Really, that's the only way to go. It's so crowded---even on the opening night. But they don't allow strollers on that night, so you can move---a little! We'd shop and then I'd make a deal for photos with all of us surrounding and sitting on Santa's lap. Somewhere along the line, the people who "put on" Christmas Village decided to hire a professional photographer. The cost is ridiculous, so we stopped doing that a number of years ago. Believe it or not, that's when I was "over it!"

Well, Stephanie and Mindy started going with us a few years ago. They are not "over it!" Soooo, I'm continuing to go. I've always said, "if my girls want to spend time with me---I'm doing anything they want!"

We had a good time. There wasn't anything really new this year. Lots of food, as always.
 I can't tell you how many times over the years that I've purchased these dip mixes. Then I would forget about them and throw them away the next year!
I had to laugh that Stephanie and Mindy paid $8.00 for little jar of mustard. It's really good---and I have to admit, I bought that exact same mustard about 20 years ago and several times in the years that followed. They got the champagne mustard which is exactly the only one I ever bought. It is really good!
The girls spring for the wine--which is only available on the opening night. This year, they offered this insulated wine glass. Mindy got it for me. It's nice and did keep the wine cold, but now I have another big cup for my cabinets!

I broke a record this year. I only bought 2 things and spent $30.00! The girls found a few things, but they didn't spend much either. I think we're starting to control ourselves! I told myself, "no decorations (I'm trying to scale down and get rid of stuff), no jewelry (and now I'm mad that I didnt' even look (Both Stephanie and Mindy found some really cute necklaces and bracelets), and no food (for the reason I already mentioned). Still, we had a fun time.

After we went to a new restaurant in The Gulch---I've already forgotten the name. The food was good, but not really remarkable. There are so many new restaurants down there, that when I go back, I'll try another.

Anyway, it was a fun way to kick off the holiday season---but mostly, it was a nice perface to our Washington trip the next day!

That's up next!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun time....and I agree, if my daughters want me to do something with them, I'm there!!!
    I think I may have some dip in my cupboard...I wonder how old it is, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.