Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween Re-cap

I love it when my daughter and niece sends me pictures of the littles. Others I have to pull off Facebook--which is okay by me.
The girls: Evie as a member of the SWAT team. Little Josie as Pebbles with her red hair! If you look close, you can see the bone in her hair.
The boys: Nathan on the left and Travis on the right. I'm not sure what their costumes are---I don't know kids shows these days.
 They made quite the haul. These boys love candy!
I can't blame them. When I was a kid, it was all about the candy. We carefully planned our Halloween route to make the most of the time we had. Outside of Halloween, our lives revolved around getting candy---finding soda bottles to cash in for the deposit; checking every pay phone return coin slot for forgotten money; running a stick under the washers and dryers at the laundry mat to retrieve stray coins---we did everything we could think of to get money for candy!

This was one of my favorites (thanks, Jeanne for the picture):
I loved that little peanut butter center. That's gone now. I don't understand the line on the front of the wrapper: Produced with genetic engineering. I think that means that the whole thing is completely fake. No food whatsoever. I never thought it had any nutritional value---maybe a teeny bit for the peanut butter, but now, I don't think it's even food. Still, if I'm starving, I'd be happy with a bag full!
 Elizabeth and her friend went with a matching theme.
 I'm pretty sure this is from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Would you believe, I have NEVER seen it?
My brother, Matt, sent me this photo from New Orleans. I'm not quite sure what they are supposed to be. Matt sort of looks like candy corn and Sharon looks like a flower child. It doesn't even have to be Halloween in New Orleans. You see all kinds of crazy costumes on Bourbon Street.
Mindy sent me this picture of her Halloween dinner. Her mummy cheese bread looks pretty cute---actually, the whole meal looks good.
I guess Butch decided to scare the bejeebies out of little kids coming to our door! We don't usually have too many trick-or-treaters. Butch called a bet. "How many trick-or-treaters do you think we'll have?" I said under 10, he said more than 15. He won---we had 18. I gave him the 5 bucks. We can bet on just about anything---and we do!
This is not exactly Halloween, but wouldn't it be so cute to see a couple little girls dressed up as "bluebirds!" Bluebirds was the first step in the Camp Fire Girls organization. These two littles were a couple of my friends from grade school---Carol and Carla. Camp Fire Girls has been changed to just Camp Fire---now that they include boys. Not Camp Fire Kids, just Camp Fire. That sounds stupid. And allowing boys---don't get me started! You had your Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Camp Fire Girls. A place for everyone. I don't get it!

Anyway, I hope you had a fun Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.