Wednesday, April 4, 2018

What I Buy Wednesday

I got to thinking. Am I now buying things so that I have something to post about on Wednesdays? The answer is adamantly "NO!"

The reason I buy things is that I am punctual! Let me explain.

It all starts on Monday and time to kill (or it could be Tuesday or Wednesday). Connie and I try to meet for lunch and a movie if she's not working. Sometimes I pick her up, but many times, I go early to get my nails done. I park in the garage outside of the theater, walk through the mall to the far end, cut across the parking lot and go to Venetian for Christine or Sophia to do my nails--I plan enough time to wait for either one of the sisters as they are my favorite. When I'm finished, I reverse the route. That puts me in the mall with time to kill. Oh, what to do? Shop--of course! Actually, my plan is usually to get a Starbucks and park myself with my book (my Kindle app on my phone). I do that often enough, but I am easily distracted with a window display!

Okay, so that's not so bad---do a little shopping at the mall a couple times a month. I don't go crazy. Not a problem at all---I'm not a crazy shopper---usually! That leads me to this week's purchases.
I hadn't planned to do any shopping. Not even on the radar. This time, it was Butch's fault!

I had a couple of errands to run before a 2 p.m. appointment. I was planning to leave the house at 1 p.m. Butch was out doing his thing. He called me to see if I wanted to meet him for lunch. I'm never turning that down! We met at Pei Wei. It was a gorgeous day, so after lunch, I walked down to the grocery store and picked up the 5 items I needed. I've decided that this is a good plan. If I park far away, I'm less likely to impulse buy as I would have to lug a load too far. Trust me, I'm not going to be that idiot that rolls a shopping cart through the parking lot and then leaves it in front of a restaurant!

Anyway, back to the story. From the grocery store, I stopped by Nashville Needleworks to pick up a few fibers that I needed. That left me with an hour and ten minutes to kill. Now, to show you how I really am NOT a big shopper, I decided to take myself to the "new" SteinMart.
It's probably been there two years now, but I haven't been in there a single time---AND it's one of my favorite stores! So, I stopped in and couldn't help myself!
I picked up a few pieces of costume jewelry. I love jewelry---as do my girls. When I got up to the check out lane, I was in for a big surprise. I managed to hit some sort of big sale! The necklace had already been marked down to $13.34. It was an additional 40% off which made it $8.00! The earrings ended up being $4.46!
This necklace was $10.04! The earrings---$3.20! They were begging to be bought!

 I did pay full price for this cute white enamel watch, but it was only twenty bucks!
My last purchase was this pashmina. It's so narrow and thin, calling it a pashmina is a bit of a stretch. It's really more like a large scarf. It was marked down to $9.95. I think it will be perfect with the new jewelry!

Oh, believe me, I could have browsed longer, but I knew that wasn't a good idea. I have trouble with shopping impulse control!

Once I got out to my car, I thought---"hmmm, I have another half hour to kill. What to do?" I decided to see what the lines at the car wash were like. I zipped right in. By the time I got my car washed (and shopped at the car wash---but didn't buy anything---they carry my favorite hand soap), I arrived at my 2 p.m. appointment exactly on time to the minute!

One thing about me, I'm never late. Therein lies the problem. I plan lots of time to account for any type of delays. I always have time to kill!

How do you kill time?

1 comment:

  1. You certainly picked up some beautiful bargains there! I'm the kind of person who is usually on time, but only just, never with much time to kill. I don't know why I put myself through the stress of having to find a parking space quickly so that I'm not late - another 10 minutes earlier and I'd arrive on time - and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.