Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday Thoughts about...

...cantaloupes.

I have read about so many ways to check to see if a cantaloupe is fresh, juicy and sweet. I've tried sniffing the stem end---a little weird. I've tried smushing both ends---supposedly if it is soft and "gives"---it's ready. I've even tried bouncing one on the floor. The produce manager didn't much appreciate that.

But, I have found a fool proof way to ensure your cantaloupe will be just perfect! Just leave it on the counter for a few days. I started doing it last summer and it really works. Now, I have not bought a cantaloupe in the middle of winter, but I just bought two this past week---one at the beach and one here at home. Both were delicious!

Give it a try. And that's what I'm thinking about this Tuesday! (Okay, not the only thing, but one thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.