Friday, May 18, 2018

WTF---Friday

What The Fashion---Friday!

I'm starting something new here. Just another way to share a little of our life!

Last Saturday was the Iroquois Steeplechase. It's a huge social event benefiting Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital. We've had our box for about 30 years now. Over the years, we've taken friends and family. Now, the next generation (our girls) and the one after that (our grands) are enjoying it. Me, well, let's just say I'm "over" it. It's a long day---LONG---and oh, so, very HOT---in the blaring sun. Still, I'll be doing it when I can just to be with family. That's always fun!

Steeplechase is all about fashion. It's the place to see and be seen. Actually, that's the part I like the best---people watching! I enjoyed people watching right in our own box!
 Stephanie and Mindy start thinking about what they are going to wear weeks ahead.
As for me, I'm wearing the same hat I've worn for about 20 years! I just change out the scarf on top. This one happens to be the new Kate Spade one I bought last week at the beach.
Once the girls decide their dress, it's off to "Sunnybands" for custom made fascinators.
The whole thing is quite a production---food and drink---ice, coolers and LOTS of sunscreen. Butch went back to the car to get me an umbrella. I always say, I don't mind how hot it is as long as I can have shade. That still holds true. I'm not a baby about the heat. I did have a wash cloth that I soaked in the icy water and put on the back of my neck. It really makes a difference! The umbrella is a big help too. Of course, there are always risks with that in such a small space. I didn't actually bump it in to anyone in the adjoining box, but came close a few times. Enough that Butch was a bit on edge about it. I did knock Mindy's fascinator off once---she wasn't too happy about that! She gives me the "Mom!" And then, "Dad"---with that look that means, "can you control her!" The answer to that is---heck no! Anyway, I even knocked over my bloody Mary! Now that was bad---all over my white pants. WTF!
This year, Sunnybands also had the perfect pair of matching sunglasses for Mindy! Posing with the men in her life!
 There's a lot of drinking going on. Apparently, Mindy and Justin started a tradition of doing a shot of Jack before the Iroquoise race. For me it was about a quarter inch in these cute little red solo cups!

Bonnie and Dave are adopted members of the family now---since they've been to so many family gatherings and holidays! Bonnie decorated her own hat.
 I love this side view of the girls enjoying the races.
Alyson is one of Mindy's friends since kindergarten. They still see each other regularly, but it was purely coincidental that they were both rockin' black and white polka dots!
It would not be an Eads' gathering without some sort of competition! We always keep it friendly. Each couple put in $28---$2.00 each per race. Justin and Mindy were the big winners. They won $9.00. Bonnie and Dave were the big losers---they lost $9.00. Totally worth it for a day of fun!

That's it for my first WTF Friday!



1 comment:

  1. What fun! Thank you for sharing your day - I love the outfits, always nice to have an excuse to dress up. The girls' fascinators are fab - such a great way to jazz up an outfit if you don't fancy a full on proper hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.